“This came to us from my brother-in-law Gavin,” says Helen. “It has become a favorite at all of the lodges. I’m sure Mr. Bush hasn’t tried this or he would feel differently about eating his broccoli!”From Blueberries & Polar Bears, page 115.
- 3 large Broccoli stems with florets
- 1 lb. Bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (500 g)
- ½ cup raisins (125 mL)
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
Creamy Cider Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise OR similar salad dressing (250 mL)
- ¼ cup Sugar (60 mL)
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar (30 mL)
- Peel broccoli stems and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut up the florets and add to the stems with the bacon, raisins, almonds and red onion.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together with a whisk.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli mixture. This keeps well for 1 day.
SERVING SUGGESTION: This is great teamed with our Jalapeño Goose Breasts Suprême or on a buffet table, but don't limit its potential. It is great with chicken, fish, beef pork or whatever else you might imagine.